This is the course description
Currently big changes in employment can be observed. These imply a rise in the demand for non-routine cognitive and interpersonal skills. A contemporary mode of learning to develop the competencies of learners of different target groups on the basis of entrepreneurship principles has to be developed because it will be suitable for an environment characterized by uncertainty, speed, complexity and interdisciplinary working. With this view of learning, the role of HEI teachers is changing too. In addition to being a subject expert acquainted with ways to transmit knowledge, HEI teachers are now required to have effective teaching qualifications being able to produce learning outcomes for learners in the fields of economics and business, both at the university and enterprise/institution level. This work package is dedicated to define a competence based framework for the development of a
- certification program for the development of Teaching Competencies in Economics and Business for HEI teachers
- CACTLE course catalog for employees of enterprises/institutions
- core-curriculum for students of an accredited elective “Entrepreneurship and Business development”.
The development of the framework will be supported by the intensive exchange of information between the members of the work group.
Irrespective of the subject, development of competence requires three types of knowledge: conceptual, procedural and strategic knowledge. To support the achievement of the outcomes of the
- certification program for HEI
- CACTLE course catalog for employees of enterprises/institutions
- accredited core-curriculum of the elective “Entrepreneurship and Business development”
this work package is dedicated to develop teaching, training and learning material that focuses both on the theoretical background (conceptual knowledge) and on concrete problems (procedural and strategic knowledge) in the fields of
- Teaching Competencies in Economics and Business for HEI teachers
- business administration competencies for employees of enterprises/institutions
- Entrepreneurship and Business development both for students of an accredited elective and participants of CACTLE courses on this subject
To consider current trends in teaching all material will be created both in print and in online version to be used both for in class teaching and in long-distance learning. The development of the material will be supported by intensive exchange of information between the members of the work group.
The quality control will be carried out by a combination of outsider’s perspectives through
- a responsive evaluation
- external experts,
- peer-reviews of participants of further trainings and students of the elective “EBD”
and an insider’s perspective through
- quality control measures by the project’s internal steering committee for the quality management (SC1)
The responsive evaluation will be carried out by Alena Kralovà, PhD. She will be responsible for the evaluation of the project’s progress of all work packages (WP) and will deliver reports and recommendations after the end of the milestone of each work package. The contact persons (CP1-9) will be responsible to take appropriate measures to implement the recommendations of the responsive evaluator.
SC1 will be responsible for WP1, WP2, WP3 and WP6 and will deliver reports and recommendations after the end of the milestone of WP1, WP2, WP3 and WP6. The leaders of the work units WU1, WU2 and WU3 will be responsible to take appropriate measures to implement the recommendations of the SC1 concerning WP1, WP2 and WP3, CP1-9 will be responsible to take appropriate measures to implement the recommendations of the SC1 concerning WP6.
- WP1 processed by WG1 will be monitored continuously by P2 and P3.
- WP3 processed by WG3 will be monitored continuously by P1 and P3.
- WP2 processed by WG2 and WP3 by WG3 will be carried out also by expertise from external experts of Central Asian universities who are not consortium members.
- WP4 processed by WG4 will be carried out by peer-reviews from participants of further trainings and students.
The quality control and monitoring will be supported by a web-based project management tool that will also serve as a virtual communication and reporting tool for all. The coordination meetings will be used to report on the results of the quality control and monitoring in order to plan or correct further project activities if necessary.
This work package is dedicated to implement the described quality management.
The dissemination and exploitation strategy is based on a stringent communication strategy of personal and media communication measures for the different target groups of the project on a regional and local level within the project’s lifetime and nationwide as well as beyond the border after the project’s lifetime.
Measures of personal communication on a local level during the project’s lifetime will be presentations, workshops and/or events and symposia for all target groups organized by and at the responsibility of the CPs of each Central Asian university. All measures will be taken at least one time during the 2nd and two times during the 3rd project year.
Measures of personal communication on a regional level during the project’s lifetime will be presentations and workshops for all target groups organized by and at the responsibility of the CPs of each Central Asian university. All measures will be taken at least one time during the 3nd year in each Central Asian partner countries.
Measures of media communication for all target groups and on all geographic levels during and after the project’s lifetime will be the introduction of
- scientific books for the European and Central Asian scientific community
- teaching and learning material for universities and students
- training material for universities and employees
- electronic learning management systems for students, technically and editorially maintained by the Central Asian consortium members
- homepages of the universities, technically and editorially maintained by the Central Asian consortium members
- social media for students and employees, managed by the administration of the CACTLE
- advertising material including success stories of HEI-teachers, employees and students.
This work package is dedicated to implement the described dissemination and exploitation strategy.
The overall structure of the project management will be based on the idea of a linking pin organization. The University for Economics and Business (P1) will act as the project coordinator. 4 inter-organizational work groups will be established to work on the outputs of the project:
- Implementation of the CACTLE (WG1)
- Framework for qualification (WG2)
- Teaching, Training and Learning material (WG3)
- Qualification of target groups (WG4)
Each work group will be provided with work packages and timelines. Leaders of a work group are responsible for deliverance of the outputs. 2 steering committees will be established as boards for
- quality management (SC1)
- financial management. (SC2)
Each committee will be established by two European partners and two Central Asian partners from each country. Each committee will be provided with exactly defined
- quality criteria
- guidelines for the financial management
1 contact person (CP1-9) from each university in each Central Asian country will be nominated. Each person responsible will be provided with job descriptions containing defined duties and responsibilities as well as timelines.
Regularly scheduled coordination meetings serve as a strategic tool for decision-making. It is the main task of this setting to proof the quality of interim and final results of the project and the overall quality of the project activities in order to plan or correct further project activities if necessary.
Decisions concerning the day-to-day-work will be operated by the leaders of the work groups in accordance with the project aims and the strategic decisions of the coordination meetings.
Depending on the work package, all interim results and final results will be collected by a web-based project management tool that will also serve as a virtual communication and reporting tool for all partners during the whole duration of the project.
This work package is dedicated to implement the described project management and project controlling tools.